Jun

Introducing… The Nite Ranter

Written by The Nite Ranter. 10 comments Posted in: Misc

First, permit me to clarify some important aspects as to why I have become known as “The Nite Ranter.”  As “The Nite Ranter,” I am simply what I consider to be a normal middle-class American… probably a lot like yourself… who decided to take his ranting(s) to the next level. Why? Because my wife and most of my close friends started to think that I was going “off the deep end” when I began sending them emails about my thoughts and opinions regarding current out-front social, political, media related, humorous, music, art and spotlighted personalities operating in our daily lives.

In case you care… my professional background is in the TV / Radio media, marketing, advertising and public relations professions. Having formed & owned several successful businesses in these fields before retiring, I ended my professional career as a marketing Vice President for a well known Fortune 500 company.

Did I mention that I had a first love… YES, for music and particularly for Rock ‘n Roll, when in the late 50’s and into the late 60’s I formed and led a very popular Rock Band who played night club(s), college campuses and the big party scene in Florida.

I hope you will join me in my effort(s) by offering your important opinion(s) and thoughts through my Blog. As Americans we owe it to each other to be vocal about our society, government, environment and communities.

So… as NOT to Rant On… Please join me with your presence on: “The Nite Ranter.Com.”

10 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the Nite Ranter by email.

1. Lu Santa Cruz

Nite Ranter…

I have some concerns about the President’s ability (legal) to compel BP to pay for the oil spill. What clout does he have in view of the 75 million dollar liability limit that our government has placed on oil companies in cases of disaster. There was an attempt recently, by congress, to raise the liability on oil companies into the billions, however, it seems that legally it would not be possible to retroactively change the law.

Jun 16, 2010 at 12:41 pm
    • Sissi

Have you noticed in BP’s commercial that they will honor all “legitimate” claims – which sounds like they plan on being tied up in court for years…

Jun 16, 2010 at 12:48 pm
      • The Nite Ranter

Yes, Sissi, I have noticed and that is a troubling comment — as you imply it is BP’s way of saying that THEY are the ultimate deciders as to what IS a “legitimate” claim and so court and legal proceedings for those needing critical funds for their damaged lives and businesses could likely drag on for years.

Jun 16, 2010 at 1:16 pm
    • The Nite Ranter

Lu, a well placed concern. My thoughts are that the $75mil was/ is a surety cap written into a law that surely would not include or was meant to cover a National Disaster to the natural resources of a Country. BP committed today to Escrow funds and insure claims are paid by a TPA (third party administrator) at $20 billion and it is not capped at that amount. So, I am cautiously encouraged that BP is attempting to be transparent !? In my book, all of this is about 40 days too late.

Jun 16, 2010 at 2:04 pm
  2. Kay

This is great — now my husband will have someone to talk and listen to!

Jun 15, 2010 at 11:58 pm
    • The Nite Ranter

Thank you, Kay, for joining the throngs of Americans who care about their country… and tell your husband that he needs to join in the “Ranting” when he can find the extra time!?

Jun 16, 2010 at 12:08 am
  3. The Nite Ranter

Thanks, Beth…forward to your friends and we’ll get their rantings, also… the more rantings… the better! TNR :>)

Jun 14, 2010 at 11:47 pm
  4. beth

TNR, what a great site and I too am here to listen and follow and voice… we can all rant and rant! love it! ;0) great idea!!!

Jun 14, 2010 at 11:38 pm
  5. The Nite Ranter

Thank you Sissi…hopefully we can ALL be the Voice of America, which of late, seems to be buried / mired in Politically Correct attitudes and those who could care less as to the direction(s) of this – our Great Nation. PS; You have the distinction as the very FIRST post on what will hopefully be a very notable comment site. Thanks, again: TNR :>)

Jun 14, 2010 at 10:46 pm
  6. Sissi

Hello Nite Ranter! I for one will definitely follow your rants. Someone needs to be the voice of America!

Jun 14, 2010 at 9:27 pm